I am a nurse bummed out by the healthcare system. I feel like I’ve been cut off at the knees.
Nurses are professionals trying to uphold standards of patient care in a world that prioritizes profits.
- I’m Still an Out of Work Nurse and it HurtsLosing my career hurts. I loved my job. I loved working in bedside nursing. Now, I am nothing. COVID is not over for me.
- Travel Nurses Are Scabs: I Support ThemTravel nurses are speaking with their feet. My hospital won’t pay me for the work I do, I’ll go somewhere that does.
- Nursing Retention: There is No Nursing ShortageThere is no nursing shortage. There are more than enough nurses to fill all open positions. The problem is nursing retention.
- A Nurse’s E-Mail Opposing the COVID Vaccine Mandate (2/2)Written in 11/2021 opposing the COVID-19 vaccine mandate implemented in December of 2021. At this time, I choose not to comply.
- A Nurse’s E-Mail to Hospital Opposing the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate (1/2)Written in 11/2021 in opposition to the vaccine mandates implemented in December of 2021. At this time, I choose not to comply.