Often when I write about nurses, the issues and concerns I’m describing pertain to all healthcare workers who provide direct patient care – Respiratory Therapists, Patient Care techs, and even Housekeeping. Often when asked to judge their nurses on the national HCAPHS survey sent to patients after discharge, patients frequently judge all non-doctor staff as their nurse.Devon E. Jones, RN BSN
- Fired Front-Line Nurse Interviewed by NHS100KWhat made me different? I had a professional background in the health freedom movement and I was pregnant.
- I’m Still an Out of Work Nurse and it HurtsLosing my career hurts. I loved my job. I loved working in bedside nursing. Now, I am nothing. COVID is not over for me.
- Travel Nurses Are Scabs: I Support ThemTravel nurses are speaking with their feet. My hospital won’t pay me for the work I do, I’ll go somewhere that does.
- Nursing Retention: There is No Nursing ShortageThere is no nursing shortage. There are more than enough nurses to fill all open positions. The problem is nursing retention.
- A Nurse’s E-Mail Opposing the COVID Vaccine Mandate (2/2)Written in 11/2021 opposing the COVID-19 vaccine mandate implemented in December of 2021. At this time, I choose not to comply.
- A Nurse’s E-Mail to Hospital Opposing the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate (1/2)Written in 11/2021 in opposition to the vaccine mandates implemented in December of 2021. At this time, I choose not to comply.
- The First Wave: From a MedSurg NurseI worked the first wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020. We were one of the hardest-hit hospitals in the state.